Sunday, April 27, 2008

U are so cute

This LO combines sketch 16 from the 52 Weeks website, as well as the April challenge from Scrappers at SG, which was to create a LO about a child more than 1 year old. I did add quite a few embellishments and the extra small photo on the top left corner, but otherwise, it does roughly follow the 52 Weeks sketch. The little girl is a cute little orphan I met while volunteering in China. The journalling says it all - it reads:
"I don't know her name, but this little girl really stole my heart. She was unable to speak because of a severe cleft palate, the very reason she had been abandoned at Fuling Orphange - yet she was incredibly expressive in her own little ways, and remarkably intelligent too! Here she is, putting on her own shoes so she can go outside and play - amazing for a 2 year old! I hope and pray she'll be adopted so she can have the necessary surgery in order to be able to speak. If I could, I'd adopt her myself!"

Materials:
-Bazzill
-Daisy D's and Making Memories papers
-Stamp It rhinestones
-Ribbon, staples and cupcake paper, on which I've written "Fuling Orphanage, August '07"
-Craft Affair brads
-Hairclips
-Heidi Grace die cuts
-Craft Affair alphabet stickers
-Making Memories clear corner shape

Possibly too many colours on the 1 layout, but I really like it somehow! :)

1 comment:

Benga said...

cute page! i love the mix of embellishments here and the fun placement of the title. Thanks for your take at the challenge.

Marix