Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas cards



These are the 2 card designs that I taught at my first card-making class last Sunday. It was a fundraising event organised by my church. For $30, the participants were given tuition and all materials for 10 cards. The money raised then went to some kids in Kenya (a community we have been working closely with recently). Anyway, I was asked to come up with 2 simple designs. The 2 photos show my 2 designs using different papers. I wanted to teach a technique rather than have ladies following blindly, so I gave them choices of different papers to be used. This also allowed me to use up some scraps in my stash instead of buying new papers for them all to work with - sneaky huh? Well, I couldn't resist and some were new products, but still... It was a bit stressful for me, to be honest, but I enjoyed seeing the ladies having fun making the cards.







No comments: