Friday, December 5, 2008

Flurry of colour and activity





Well, after a long silence since I went on holiday to the USA and Canada, then came back to heaps of work, I've finally overcome my scrapper's block. It was all thanks to (1) all the photos I took that I've been dying to scrap, but more importantly (2) a LO class I attended recently taught by the extremely talented and creative MelConnell. The bottom LO is essentially an exact rip of the one we did in her class - had to copy it to match the first page because I loved it so much! Just changed the colours, papers and embellis round a little. Materials used are Hambly screen prints, Little Yellow Bicyle PP, Prima and Heidi Swapp flowers, some brads and bling, Lil Davis letters and I think the rub-ons are Basic Grey - have had them in my stash for some time so high time I dug them out! Sorry the pics look funny - they actually look quite cool in real life, promise! I was experimenting with creating cool effects by snapping photos of my friends on long exposure time while they walked, or while I turned the zoom lens on my digital SLR in/out. FYI, photos were taken at Niagara Falls at night. This LO is soooo much simpler than it looks - thanks Mel for giving me my mojo back! LOVE the colours in this :)
Well, all that colour gave me the right mood, and I've started creating a few more LOs, all fairly colourful. The one above the "Night Out Together" LO is for the BlackMagic site. Here, I've used the new Prima PP, together with Prima flowers and a Prima brad, then topped up with some stamped images of butterflies cut out, bling, a KI Memories quote, Christina Re lace tape, and Tim Holtz ticket tag which I've yet to write on - don't wanna waste time writing when I can keep scrapping, lol! This photo was taken at Brooklyn Bridge, NYC.
The top LO is for ScrappingtheMusic - loved the quote used by one of the DT, "There are places I'll remember". This is exactly how I feel about New York City. In this one, I have used the new BG Wassail PP as a background, then layered with some cheap PP from Riot Art Store, a Kaiser journalling rub-on, some bling, and a couple of sentiments stickers. I created pocket behind my main photo, and this contains the words to John Lennon's "Imagine", written on C. Imaginations journalling page. The photos were taken at Strawberry Fields in Central Park.
I actually have 2 other LOs to show, but the pics didn't turn out well due to flash reflecting off the photos on my LO. Will have to upload them later...

6 comments:

Mel Connell said...

Oh Bibinana, thats so cute!!! I love that you have a blog! Also love the cards from the post below. I shall pop your name down on both those classes, thats no trouble at all. Hope to see you soon, Im off to Melbourne until christmas, so have a safe one and see you in the new year! xxxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your LO's are GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the one U did for STM!!!!! How cool is that U have used the "Imagine" photos from NYC for this song??????? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Scrapping The Music said...

Very nice layout! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Kristii said...

I love the photos and your layouts are fantastic!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!!

Kimmie said...

I love your layout (s) beautiful work!

Jan said...

Beautiful layout(s) Bibi! Looks like you and your friends had a good time in NYC! Thanks for playing along with us this month!