Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas in non-traditional colours


Well, as much fun as the more traditional Christmas colours of deep green/red/white, red/gold/ivory and blue/silver/white are, my favourite colour combo is definitely still brights - I'm talking fuschias, lime greens, sunshine yellow and turquoise. I've been spoiling myself with new products lately (it's Christmas after all!), and there's nothing like the arrival of a pizza box at one's doorstep, packed full of goodies, to get one inspired for creating :) So here's one that I created for the {Create} website. Their only criteria this month was "Christmas theme", so I decided it was the perfect chance to create a Christmas LO in non-traditional colours :) It was also liberating to create a LO all my own for once, instead of sticking to a colour theme or a sketch. Anyway, I've used Kaiser and Love Elsie PP, and embellished with Heidi Swapp and other loose flowers, a wooden flower (not sure of the brand) Glimmer Misted in pink, Bella and Craft Affair brads, buttons, Tim Holtz tags and some plastic letters. The title "Kid in a candy store" is about how I felt when I arrived in Berlin, Germany for the Christmas markets. What an awesome experience! Not only were the festivities amazing, I was also enthralled by the mix of old and new in Berlin. That's why I chose an ornate PP (the background Kaiser one), and mixed it with a more whimsical, modern one (the Love Elsie one). It goes without saying that I love the bright colours in this LO - hope you do too :)

No comments: