Thursday, December 25, 2008

More of Germany, less Christmas-y





When I was in Berlin, I took a day trip out to Sanssoucci Park. The words "sans soucci" mean "without worry", and this park/the palaces in it were designed to be a place where one could relax and be "without worry". Definitely a worthwhile place to visit - I loved exploring the various wooded areas and ornate buildings. These photos were taken there.
The first 2 are based on the current monthly sketch over at ForeverAlways. I didn't have enough photos (funny for me to say that!) of any one spot to create a double LO, so have split each sketch and made an individual page with each sketch. The top one, "Dragon Teahouse", is of a lovely teahouse I had lunch in when I was there. I started with HS PP, placed chipboard flowers on the top right corner, Glimmer Misted it, then did the same thing to the Christina Re PP but at the bottom left corner. Added the photos, then embellished with HS flower and felt butterflies, one of the chipboard flowers that I'd used as a mask, lace ribbon, butterflies, HS journalling tag, brads, bling, plastic letters and a clock trinket. I'm particularly proud of my 2nd LO using this sketch, "Schloss Sanssoucci", because I don't often use purple. I haven't liked all of my other purple LOs in the past, but I think I've finally got it right with this combo of purple together with pale yellow, white and gold, with just a dash of pale blue and pale green. I hope you like it too :) Anyway, for this LO, I've used My Memories PP as a base, and recycled the wrapping of a piece of Mor soap that I received as a Christmas present - gotta love that, and I do love the Mor soap papers! I then embellished with lots of blooms, some HS bling, brads, German scraps, and a gold butterfly which I found in my stash but have no idea how I got it!
My 3rd LO, "Amazing" is based on current sketch #51 over at 52Sketches - woohoo, almost done with the 52 sketches for the year! I changed the sketch a bit to suit my needs, ie used 2 photos instead of 1, and stamped around the mounted photos instead of having a straight-edged border. I think you can still see the gist of the original sketch though, ie clusters of 3 embellishments to the left, top and right of the photo(s), piece of PP (I replaced with German scrap) at the bottom of the photo(s), and title to bottom left with journalling to bottom right. I used HS PP again, stamped with Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer flourish stamps, and embellished with Prima flowers, Say It In Crystals bling, German Scrap, HS journalling tag, Prima chipboard flower centre embellishments, some cuttlebugged shapes, and Kaiser brads. The rub-on letters are Making Memories, except for the first "A". Not sure what brand that "A" is - I've had it sitting on my desk for some time - if you look closely you can see that some of it has already rubbed off, but I didn't mind as I thought it added to the shabby kind of look.
Hope you like them :)

No comments: