Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Christmas LOs!

So glad to be scrapping old Christmas photos. If I keep going at this rate, I might even complete ONE album from my 18 month Europe working/holiday trip! 1 country down, about another 25 to go, lol... Anyway, the above LO was created using the latest 52Weeks sketch. What I am finding is that my photos aren't very good for cutting down in size because I take lots of close-up shots with very little white space. So I had to fiddle around with the sketch a bit to suit my photos. So instead of having the smaller photos surrounding the middle one, I went with 3 same-sized photos in a row. Everything else is pretty similar, ie journalling spot to bottom right, ribbon beneath the photos, and some round embellis. The photos were taken at the Christmas market in Nuremberg town centre. I've used Kaiser, Cosmo Cricket and BG Wassail PP, with Little Yellow Bicycle embellis (love them!), German scrap, and an old scrap of ribbon from one of my previous years' Christmas presents.

This next one uses photos taken at the Alexanderplatz Christmas market in Berlin. I've done this LO based on Kell's ad inspiration challenge over at MysticalScrapbooks. I've taken the colour scheme of predominantly red and whitewith splashes of green and gold, and the presence of a Christmas tree in the ad, as my inspiration. I've used Kaiser and BG PP, with Bo Bunny stickers, Heidi Swapp rub-on letters, some German scrap for the tree trunks, and bits of snowflake lace paper which I think is Little Yellow Bicycle. I topped the snowflakes off with some Heidi Swapp and Kaiser bling. And you can't see it very well, but the background PP was stampedwith Prima build-a-swirl stamps and Glimmer-Misted first, before I built everything else on top. I liked how it turned out :)

No comments: