Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Christmas time in my scrap room!

I think I've said before - LOVING the Christmas papers and challenges out there right now. This top LO was created for the ForeverAlways colour combo challenge for this month, which was to use any combo of Christmas colours. I went with red, gold, white/ivory and some black, for an elegant and classic look. The photos were taken in Brugges, and I've used BG PP, some ribbon, German scrap, some snowflake stickers I've had for ages, Bo Bunny rub-ons, Bella chipboard letters, some bling and some shapes cut with my new Cuttlebug, which I'm totally addicted to. I've also swiped some Treasure Gold on the edges of my LO.


This next LO was for GotMojo? Their December challenge was to use a Christmas quote from any movie/song etc, together with something sparkly. I wanted to remind myself of the real meaning of Christmas, so chose this nativity scene photo that I took somewhere in Germany in Belgium when I was there for the Christmas markets 3 years ago, and used a quote from the song "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". My quote is the 2nd line of the song, but can you notice I made a slight mistake? It's supposed to be "Remember Christ our Saviour was born on Christmas day", to rhyme with "...let nothing you dismay" - yup, I thought it was "...born on Christmas morn"! By the time it was too late, I'd already rubbed the letters on...n/mind... Anyway, I've used Little Yellow Bicycle PP and shiny photo corner, Heidi Swapp flower centres as bling (I cut out the middle part and stuck it on the top left with the ring left over from the that to use to highlight the baby Jesus), German Scrap which is also shiny and kinda blingy, Collections stars rubbed with Treasure Gold (not as blingy as I thought it would be), Making Memories rub-on alphas, and C. Imaginations epoxy alphas. I finished with a Fiskars punch to the 2 top corners, just to add that little bit of opulence :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how I love Brugge! I had the pleasure of visiting it this October. Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrap Mojo. Super fun!
Sincerely,
Michelle (mojo)

Melissa Mann said...

Beautiful mojo layout!! Love the paper you used.

Thanks for playing!
Melissa - mojo

Lindsay said...

What lovely Christmas LOs! Thanks for joining us on the Mojo challenge! :)

-Lindsay (Mojo)

Christina C. said...

wow those are so great! very pretty pages! thanks for playing along with us mojo girls
:D

dani said...

These are gorgeous layouts! I love what you did for the last Mojo prompt!!!

Dani (mojo)