Monday, December 15, 2008

Totally addicted to my new Cuttlebug!

Wow - how styles evolve when one discovers new products. With my cuttlebug, I find I am really relishing in textures, and can cheaply create die-cut embellis, so am happily churning out those busy, cluttered LOs I love so much without worrying too much about costs. Doesn't mean I still don't go and splurge on new products I love though... This LO started with a simple piece of Coredinations cardstock, cuttlebugged in spots (not the Swiss dots, but the random spotty one), sanded down, then sprayed over on the bottom left with Glimmer Mists, using the new "winter trees" stencils by the same people that make the Glimmer Mists. I then tore a bit of Love Elsie paper for the ground, decided it looked too bright, so grabbed a thick and stiff bristled brush and stippled white paint over the whole piece of cardstock and the PP, except for the Glimmer Misted part. Then layered some German Scrap trees, a Prima felt tree, and a green tree from a swap at the bottom left corner. Next, I chose my photos. I wanted outdoorsy, snowy type photos, so used these ones taken at Konigstuhl in Heidelberg, Germany. We took the funicular up to see what was there - nothing really in winter, though we read that in summer it turns into some sort of mini theme park. Enjoyed the snowly landscapes though, so we didn't mind. Finally, finished off with the title (quite simply "Konigstuhl Funicular" - I'm running out of phrases like "Winter Wonderland" and "Let It Snow", which I've already used, and anyway, not much room on this LO for a big title), a bit of the same Love Elsie PP turned around to journal on, and some of that gorgeous new KI Memories snowflake lace paper. LOVE how this page turned out, and though I'd created it for myself and not any challenge in particular, this week's SisterhoodofScrap challenge is "anything goes", so thought I'd link it up there. Am so excited to share that I KNOW the pic is not very good with flash and all, but decided to u/l anyway...if not, I'd have to wait till the weekend to share!

3 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

Awesome layout!!! I love it!!!

Jean Marie said...

All those wonderful trees!!
Great job on the SOS Challenge!!

Unknown said...

The texture looks great!!