Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy little bee :)

Here are a few more LOs...sorry the photos aren't great tonight :(

This first LO was a real effort, but worth it in the end, I think. I drew inspiration from the current HMITM challenge, which was to use 4 sheets of PP that have not been cut into yet, together with 12 embellishments from unopened packages. My 4 papers are the background orange Pink Paislee, the pink and yellow butterflies handcut from a sheet of double-sided KI Memories, the circle embellishment in bottom right corner with heart in the centre handcut from another Pink Paislee, and lastly the 4 circles from a sheet of October Afternoon paper. As an added bonus, I used my brand new Fiskars circle punch to create the 4 circles. The red bits are actually the off-cuts, but decided that when I turned the paper around to reveal the coordinating pattern on the other side, the circles looked quite good together :) The PP behind the decorative edged orange paper is just there to make the LO stand out more...it's not stuck onto it.
For embellishments, I used 8 clear American Crafts stickers, together with 4 dimensional K&Co stickers. Can you count them all? It was a real effort for me to get to 12 while still creating a seamless, uncluttered LO, so some of the embellis I've chosen are actually quite small, eg the tiny flowers next to the cut out circle. I finished off with some AC and Carolee's alphas.
This next LO is inspired by the current sketch at ScrapbookSavvy. Journalling reads, "Did you know..." on photo at top left, followed by "the REAL Big Apple is actually an apple pie factory?" True thing :) I used SFL PP and journalling sticker, together with KI Memories lace paper, MME die cuts, some German scraps and alphas.

This final LO (for now) is for Sara's colour challenge at ScrapbookSavvy's Jan cybercrop - blue, white, yellow and aqua/turquoise. OK, so my blues are mostly of the aqua/turquoise variety, but that layered flower is actually more blue, just doesn't show up that way in the pic. Love this colour combo, could be my new favourite! Here, I've used more SFL, more German scraps, more MME die cuts, but have also added Heidi Swapp clear accents, buttons, Creative Imaginations journalling stickers which I have yet to write on, and even added the packaging from some Basic Grey stamps (white with blue flowers and leaves). Pretty cool huh? Knew I just couldn't throw that away!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi bibi i just wanted you to know that there is a sidebar on our site that you can click to become a fan of FB i hope this helps!