For my part, I decided to create a mini book, as this is something I love to do. When I found out the theme was Magic Carpet Ride, I immediately thought of the souks and bazaars of Morocoo, Egypt, Turkey...you get the idea. So I picked some papers to suit this theme. The cover papers are actually called Morocco or Marrakesh (I can't remember), and are by Cherry Arte. I've chosen other papers/colours to coordinate with this.

As you can see from these pictures, I haven't been very organised and haven't quite got the book together yet! All the pages are done, 10 in total, I just need to ink the edges and add on some rings. I've punched the holes using a standard hole punch, and used ring binding system so that you can add more pages if desired. The book will be sent in that box, which I'm filling with orange and yellow items to help you embellish your mini book. One of the items is actually one of several souvenir mini carpets I got a few years back in Morocco, again in keeping with the theme :) Box is still looking a bit empty, but I'll keep adding to it until the drawing date.So, what to do if you like what you've seen:
1. Leave a comment on THIS post, making sure I'm linked back to you or that you leave an email address if you're not a blogger
2. Make sure you're entered before Feb 15th, which is when this giveaway will be drawn. I will be picking the winner some time in the evening of Feb 15th, MY time, which is GMT+8 (Western Australian). I will attempt to use the random number generator this year, but if proves too difficult for a technophobe like myself, I will have to fall back on what I did last year, which was to print out all the comments, cut them into a hat, and draw the winner that way, lol...I will then contact the winner, and also post your name on my blog by the following day
3. Don't forget to visit the other participants' sites :)
Enjoy your magic carpet ride!



163 comments:
What an absolutely gorgeous book, and would be beautiful to document my first year thoughts as a brand new RN!! :D
Your blog is just beautiful.
Have a wonderful day!!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love books and especially ones in a box. Yours looks great. Hope to be a winner
I am a bookworm and love all books! Yours is gorgeous. Thanks for letting me visit!
I love this giveaway!
Love it!, Please enter my name!
Great Giveaway!
This is my first year in this fabulous event,
so please visit my blog and enter mine!
Great giveaway! Thanks so much for having this. Pop over to my blog for a chance to win, too! :) #318 on the list...
Thanks for offering this great gift and Thanks so much for a chance to win! chiggerlane@aol.com
Hi there! Yes I agree with you this looks really exotic. I love books like this and am giving away one too! So please enter me and if you can swing by my place, I would love to have you enter mine. Thanx for sharing such a pretty gift and wishing you much peace, M
I love the book. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to try and win it.
Judee
jlefler at mi-connection dot com
Beautiful book!!
Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
And thank you for stopping by my blog and OWOH event.
SheilaC
http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/
What fun! Now for the time to play with such a fun prize!
Deborah
comfortjoydesigns AT gmail DOT com
thanks for stopping by. your offering is just beautiful, please count me in
Beautiful book, please add me to your list.
Lovely to meet you in the blogosphere.
Thank you for the chance to become a happy owner of your giveaway.
And thank you for taking the time to visit my OWOH blog yesterday!
hi there! what a great giveaway, please enter me!
thanks for stopping by my blog - i hope you come back sometime soon :)
I love handmade books, please enter me to win. Feel free to drop by and vist me (#432) Thanks Marie x
Thanks so much for the wonderful giveaway I'd be delighted to win the beautiful book
tanyainjville@yahoo.com
A mini book and Cherry Arte papers, what more could a girl ask for?
I LOVE your giveaway, thats for the opportunity to be in it ti win it!
ffartingffrog@hotmail.com
Looks wonderful, I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Please include me in your drawing.
Your book (even unfinished) is so fun!
Very cool! Would love to be added!
A mini book would be such a fun project!
I do hope you'll be able to visit my blog and enter my giveaway for paper banners/bunting/garlands: http://kidney-garden.blogspot.com/
Michaele michaelek1(at)yahoo(dot)com
What a great little book. Please enter my in your giveaway.
debby
Ooo what a lovely giveaway. I would love, love, love to be the winner. And thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway too. It's been nice to meet you.
Very nice book! I love all the thought you've put into it!
Thanks for the chance!
Sherry
Very nice idea, looks promising.
Please enter me in your draw! Also pop over to my blog, have a browse around and enter my give away. I’m number 303 on the magic carpet :)
How generous that you made this book AND are sending collage fodder to decorate it. Love your blog and this giveaway!
I am having so much fun hitting all these wonderful blogs! Please enter me in your great giveaway.
ohow2010@ymail.com
http://shaihasramblings.blogspot.com/
Greetings from Moldova!
Gorgeous mini-book!!!!
Thanks!
OWOH #138
http://miawoo.blogspot.com/
fancyscrap[at]gmail.com
Please enter my name...what wonderful eye candy! You are so talented!
Thanks for visiting me.
Micki
#123
Thank you for a chance to win such a great offering!!
OWOH #473
These are so gorgeous!! thank you for this amazing giveaway, count me in! xo Mendy
Looks great! Please include me.
A absolutely Beautiful Book..please enter me..
Please stop by my blog and enter mine..#280
I love the colour scheme you have chosen for the book!
Beautiful creation - please enter my name. Also visit my blog and sign in. Thanks,
Going to be a very pretty book. Plese add my name to the drawing!
Come and join my magic carpet ride too!
http://inspiringadventuresofalwaysinspired.blogspot.com/
Lovely book! Thank you for the chance to enter your giveaway.
Aww this is so nice :0) Come over to my blog sometime and say hello :0)
I would definitely be pleased to win this book.
'One World One Heart' is so much fun... visiting new blogs, meeting creative people, making friends,...
Oooh... writing down sweet memories in this book would be great! Someone, somewhere is going to be very happy with your lovely giveaway...I can only dream it's me! :)
Greetings from Belgium,
Saskia :)
I love your book, and would love to win it!! Please enter my name. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Sandra #146
What a pretty book! :)
-Caitlin
caitlin_thalken@yahoo.com
Lovely book, count me in!
Lori, #371
http://www.ibeenthinkinboutinkin.blogspot.com
llhassle@yahoo.com
I would love that! thanks for the giveaway
shona
http://shonastudio.blogspot.com
What a truly lovely book. I love all things paper. This is so much fun. Please add me...m.
Beautiful creation! Wonderful! Thanks for the giveaway!
Amy
artsyrockerchick@aim.com
OWOH #680/681
backseatwriter.com
it's going to be such a pretty book! please count me in. :-)
Books. I am such a nut for books.
Please count me in and thanks.
Such a delightful giveaway, I would so love to win your gorgeous mini book:-) Please enter my name in your giveaway and make sure you come over to enter mine, I'm #116. Thank you! xox
What a lovely book, please enter me in your drawing/
Wonderful giveaway! Thank you so much for the chance!(I'm #811)
HBKHotie1@msn.com
Love your giveaway! Please add me to the list and feel free to jump over to my giveaway as well!
stamps@scrollswork.com
Jacque
http://scrollswork.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-world-one-heart-give-away.html
gorgeous! i was in turkey last year and dream of morocco so this is perfect for me.
It's a beautiful minibook! I'd love to win it!
Please, count on me!
Greetings from Barcelona.
My blog: http://pelusacreative.blogspot.com/
My email: scrapblogpelusa(at)yahoo(dot)com
Beautiful art journal! It would be a joy to embellish.
Thank you for hopping aboard this magic carpet ride. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog #258 on your journey.
hugs from ON, Canada
Heidi
heidig@gmail.com
Looks great! Great blog! I would love to win! Count me in! Lovey
how fun! I would love to win....please include me in the draw and thanks for entering mine! melinda
HI Bibi!
It is a true pleasure to meet you.
Thanks for offering such sweet candy! Your album looks AMAZING!
I am a fellow peper crafter and collect other people's work because I always sell or give mine away! ;)
Crossing my fingers and holding my breath!
You have an AWESOME blog!
I am now a follower. I would love it if you followed me too!
I am #458 on The "Carpet Ride".
Hope you will come check out my blog candy too!
You could win a high-end, handmade, artists greeting card plus surprise crafting goodies. I also have a $50.00 shopping spree to Embellish-Online blog candy going right now!
Hugs,
True :)
TrudySjolander@yahoo.com
Beautiful book... love the colors. This one would be great as a travel journal...
What a wonderful magic carpet ride this has turned out to be. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. GOOD LUCK
OWOH. I am #177 http://dreamingofcastles.blogspot.com/
these look pretty!
a beautiful journal!
What a fabulous giveaway! Please enter my name, thank you.
fantabulous!
Love Books!!! Please include me in your giveaway and come enter mine!
(#185 A Vintage Cottage Home)
It'll be a darling book!
OWOH 537
great giveaway, count me in please
#631
x
Coucou, merci d'avoir visité mon blog et de participer à mon giveaway.
please count me in
bonjour de France
Hi "Bibs and Pieces," what a lovely idea and post you have. I love the gorgeou art pieces and books. I'd love to win. I absolutely love your gift. Please take time to visit my blog, too, for a chance to win my book, 16 x MOM: A Mastery of Motherhood. I'm working on getting all the country flags. I promise to revisit your's too.
#784
http://blog.barbaracagle.com
www.barbaracagle.com
What a lovely giveaway, please enter me to your fantastic draw!!
What a great giveaway~~ILoVe it!! Please count me in
What a lovely giveaway, please include me....
Blessings from Maryland,
Donna
dwarrington1@gmail.com
Lovely book- I love that you are keeping with the theme of Magic carpet ride- makes it more exciting. Please add my name to your generous giveaway and I hope you are having as much fun as I am checking out all these creative blogs.
Looks like it will be a beauty
please count me in
*´*•.¸ ★*´* SUPERB! *´*•★ ¸.•*´*•
Please count me in!
XOXO
★Rich Witch★
Please visit me for a Most Magical Prize at:
http://rich-witch.blogspot.com/
*´*•.¸ ★ ¸.•*´*★•*´*•.¸★¸.•*´*•
What a beautiful bunch of goodies ! I love how you found things that fit so perfectly with the Magical Carpet ride theme. Please add me in to the drawing. Enjoy the OWOH love-fest !
I love this book, please count me in.
If you get a chance fly by on your carpet, I am #907.
Thank you for participating in OWOH.
So very very nice to meet you.
I love your mini book! Thanks for the chance to win!
Hi Bibi, I DO love what I see, your books is beautiful, it really does fit in with the theme. Please enter me in the draw, this would be just perfect as I have just started Art Journalling, so I could definitely put it to good use. I've enjoyed visiting today and will be back. Please come by and visit me at #70 on the Magic Carpet Ride and enter into my draw. Great meeting you, enjoy the ride.
Rob
Love the mini book, please enter me
Had a great visit, lovely blog!
What a beautiful book -- LOVE the Moroccan theme! What a great idea. Visit me (#874) for an Angel Card Reading giveaway whenever you're flying by.
What a beautiful giveaway! Please add me to your drawing and thank you for your generosity.
Nice blog,I am your newest follower :)
Lovely and clever giveaway!
be well and be warm :)
I am new to blogging (blog being built) but not to art. I hope you will include me in this wonderful giveaway!
Best of luck to all your visitors :)
Greetings from the New Jersey Shore,USA
Great giveaway! Please count me in =)
huggie0109@yahoo.com
What a lovely book. Thank you for entering me in your drawing.
Great giveaway! Please add me to the list for a chance!
Thank you for the opportunity to win this amazing giveaway! Please enter my drawing. I'm #387 on the magic carpet!
Beautiful book! Please enter me into your draw.
Thank you,
Sadie x
OWOH #962
That's an awesome book! Thanks for the chance to win! Stop by & enter my giveaway too!
Hello from Utah! Thanks for commenting on my blog!
I love the book you are giving away- just beautiful!
Please count me in your drawing!
Have a wonderful day down under!
Please enter my name in your lovely giveaway, then come by for a visit #649
What a yummy book! Please enter my name in your giveaway.
Regina :>
jtrt143@aol.com
Very Nice, I cannot wait to see it all together, buy love the foil accents! Please add my name to the list for a chance.
Willnnabel@cavtel.net
OOo lovely! Please enter me, and then hop over to my blog and enter mine if you haven't already! ^-^
Beautiful giveaway! please count me in. Come to enter my giveaway if you have time! (#481) =D
Let's continue the ride on the magic carpet!
What a neat idea. How lucky you have been in oyour travels! Neat finds! Please enter me in your drawing!
k
http://artful-musings-of-kathyl.blogspot.com/
I do love it. I think I'm addicted to paper. ;-)
Thanks for the chance to win!
Donna
sodapop@ptialaska.net
Pleased to meet you Bibi. So great to see all of these new blogs on the carpet ride.
What a fabulous book. Please visit my blog to see my calendar and necklace give aways.
Your book is heavenly! Please enter me in the draw, and be sure to stop by my blog to enter my giveaway. (#922)
Hugs,
Heavenly Humor
Thanks for the giveaway!!
What a wonderful and beautiful giveaway! Your book is so lovely. I am thrilled with your colors and would love to win it! Thanks for the chance to be the "lucky" one!
**smiles**
Carol
Hello Bibi from Victoria, Australia
Great book and I love that you are following the theme. I would love to go to Morrocco so I would treasure the little carpet.
Please enter me into the draw.
Thanks. Lynda.
http://taylormadeinoztales.blogspot.com/
Makes me feel moroccan without going there! Thanks! :)
Christina from Manila, Philippines here!
Nice to meet you!
I hope you can also drop by #615!
http://calej.blogspot.com
Blessings!
calejbitsvyk(at)gmail(dot)com
I love mini books and it is so nice to meet ya!
greetings from isle lamotte, vermont
please add me to the drawing.
thanks for sharing
michele
I would love to be in your wonderful drawing.
Sandra
Beautiful blog and a stunning treasure!Love books! I am flying on my magic carpet ,visiting from Connecticut. Thanks for the lovely giveaway I am blog #937
Thanks
matternu@gmail.com
Greetings from Northern Alberta. Enjoyed my mini tour of your blog.
Love books. Please enter my name in your draw. Thanks.
valbraun7 at gmail dot com
What a terrific book! Please count me in on your giveaway.
I'm #818 Studio 64-Chicago on the magic carpet. If you haven’t already done so, please stop by for a chance at my giveaway too.
Hope to see you there!
~Connie
mrscmc7 at gmail dot com
I am visiting with One World one Heart.
I hope you are enjoying visiting all the blogs too.
Please enter me into your draw.
Gorgeous Book.
Best wishes Juliet.
Wow, what a stunning giveaway!! Off to have another look at your fabby blog!
Jan x
Great giveaway from "down under"
Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ Good Luck & may you win what you want to win! namaste, Carol
Oh how wonderful!~~~XXOO, Beth
Please add me! 813 x
Hi Bibi,
what a fantastic themed prize.
Please count me in.
I'm not really sulking because Spanky is more popular than me :-)
Thank you so much for your generosity and I hope you have a wonderful year blogging with all your new friends.
Gini (Entry #1040)
xx
A Little Bit of Shiny Blog
I love mini books! I would love a chance to win.
Cheers,
Sophie in Montreal
Hi Bibi! Thanks so much for visiting with me (OWOH #263). It's a pleasure to meet you. Your book is so lovely! I adore those colors - they very appropriately fit the theme. :)
Sincerely,
Theresa #263
theresamacnaughton@gmail.com
TQ for participating in my OWOH. I'm happy to meet you.
Cheers,
Grace
http://whimsyloft.com
Fabulous giveaway. thanks for visiting mine...back on the magic carpet I go.
xo-junie
I so like what I see, thanks! Love those moroccan, turkish designs.
with love from Tennessee #1035
Absolutely gorgeous book - just LOVE it. Thanks so much for the chance to win and also for visiting my blog.
Jenny x
Hi dear!!! I like your idea! It’s very Awesome! I wish to ALL who will participate in this wondefull give-away, Big Good Luck! Yohooooo! ;)
Fantastic giveaway! Please enter me into your drawing.
http://barbara-moorewhimsies.blogspot.com
or: lmoore@flippinweb.com
this is ** book-a-riffic** thanks for the opportunity.. .. t c
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom
Lovely little mini-book,,,,would love a chance to win!
http://leslie-mylifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
It is a beautiful book. I have had a wonderful time looking around your blog. Please include me in your drawing.
Love your blog and your creations. Fabulous giveaway.
Thanks for stopping by my blog on your magic carpet ride.
Thanks for visiting me over at #1091. I love things that are Egyptian also :) I'd love to win your mini book!
Your book looks lovely so far. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished, and who the lucky winner. Will be back on the 15th to see. Please enter me in your drawing, too! I'm so glad you visited my blog today!
theadachis at yahoo dot com
Hi Bibi! Your giveaway is fabulous! I would love the chance to win. Please add my name to your drawing. Thanks so much for your sweet visit! Lisa :)
LOVE your beautiful book in progress! Thank you for your generosity! I hope you are having a good trip via magic carpet! Please stop in for a visit at #833, if a Marie Antoinette doll necklace may interest you! Rebecca in CT. ningmarie(at)aol.com
Please enter me into your drawing! I'm so excited!! Feel free to fly on over to mine too @ #882
What a great giveaway, would love a chance to win
Tanya #828
I remember this paper line by cherry arte. i think its morrocco. the mini book is gorgeous! Please enter me in your drawing and stop by my blog for my ATC giveaways!
Hi there,
Your mini books looks lovely. :)
If a glass bead necklace sounds good, you might want to visit my blog. It would be a pleasure to welcome you there. :)
Greetings from Munich,
Birgit
swappinghowdies@yahoo.de
# 849
How Generous of you ! Please enter me ♥
Missy ~ Winnipeg , Canada
http://misfitmomma.blogspot.com/
seksi_missy at hotmail dot com
How wonderful! I ventured over here because of your comment on my OWOH giveaway - how great to see someone else doing a book as well! I would love to win it (and am so glad to know there are others who didn't finish before posting). :)
Many blessings!
Lisa
http://lifeunity.blogspot.com
lifeunity (at) gmail (then the dot) com
Please enter my name. :0) I am also having a giveaway and would love for you to stop by. #1025
Hi from England! Beautiful giveaway! Please enter my name, thank you :)
If you haven't already, please visit my blog at #711 on the magic carpet to win a designer Cath Kidston bag, handmade by me!
Greetings from Manila, Philippines! Thanks for the giveaway ( :
AJ
A_C_E_ at hotmail dot com
What a pretty book!Thanks for flying by my blog!
Lovely giveaway. Please include me and thanks for dropping by my drawing, too!
Wonderful giveaway, please count me in!
www.youngish.typepad.com
What a great give-away event, please count me in!
Greetings from the Netherlands.
That is a great idea for a giveaway, part of it is something you made and part is something for the receiver to use to imbellish what you've made. Super cool.
How pretty. I would love to be entered into you drawing. So glad OWOH brought me to your blog. :-)
Michelle
mouse1996@gmail.com
I am having the best time visiting people's blogs and see all the wonderful creations.I love your handmade book. I also appreciate the fact that you are leaving your contest to all...thanks for that
aunteegem@yahoo.com
I am now a new follower of yours
Lovely! Yes, please enter me in your drawing!
And you can visit mine at http://www.ofkells.blogspot.com
Thanks so much!
Greetings from Virginia.
Oh wow... I just LOVE mini books, and surprises too! What a fantastic giveaway.
Such a great blog you have too! Please enter my name into your fabulous drawing for a chance to win.
Also, I would love for you to stop by my blog to enter my giveaway - #548.
Thanks,
Jenn
Hoping to win your amazing book.
Very nice book!
reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com
Gorgeous book! Would love to enter!
shiki6210 at gmail dot com
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaways! So nice to meet you Bibi!Please enter me in yours too! A piece of a real Moroccan carpet, cool!
I think I am going to need a vacation after this whirlwind trip around the world! But it's been fun!
Kate
Organic Odysseys OWOH Ticket Holder #1007 Pa, USA
So many blogs to visit! So little time left! Thank you for visiting me (#332) and inviting me to visit you! I'dlove to be entered in your giveaway!
Lovely book!!!
please, pick me up!
cal_rubies at yahoo dot es
What a stunning give-away, your little book is just beautiful! I would love a chance to win! If you haven't already, please stop by and enter my give-away for the chance to win 1 of 3 prizes... my drawing is in about 6 hrs (at 6pm) as it is already the 15th here in New Zealand...so exciting!
Nice meeting you, and thank you for the generous give-away!
Peace & Love
please enter me in your gorgeous giveaway!
oh my last day, I am so excited to see if I win any of the wonderful prizes. Good luck on the drawings. visit www.alteredpaperarts.blogspot.com
Helloe Bibi - Many thanks for your lovely comment on my OWOH #596, Your blog is just gorgeous & I'd love the chanceto win your lovely book too!!
Ann, Glasgow, Bonnie Scotland xx
Post a Comment