Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspired at last!

Well, after a loooooong absence due to various events, I was finally inspired, after attending an altered book class by the divine and extremely talented Miss Mel to create something...anything... Several hours of blog hopping later, with further inspiration drawn from this FancyPants post, RainbowLady's challenge to recycle, and MysticalScrapbook's stash challenge, this is what I ended up creating:

This is an old unused corkboard that was just sitting in my garage that I decided to paint white and convert into an inspirations board, in order to help me keep my creativity up this year. I didn't mind if I got paint on the cork as well as the frame, as I wanted it to have that messy, vintage sort of look. The next photo shows the basic concept, ie 2 pieces of Sassafrass Lass 12x12 papers from my stash, cut into 3 strips, and stuck onto the corkboard in such a way as to form pockets into which I can place inspirational photos, ephemera, paper scraps etc throughout the year. The photo shows a sheet of KI Memories quotes stickers that I'd used in this project, sticking out of one of the 6 pockets:

The following pictures are various close-ups. The close-ups were taken before some finishing touches were put on, hence may look slightly different from the overview picture:


This first close-up is my favourite part of the whole project, featuring gorgeous Prima flowers and a Glimmer Misted Collections lamp-post layered onto SFL paper :)
The next 2 close-ups show more Glimmer Mist, SFL and Prima goodness, and a pink deer tag from a swap.

I really enjoyed creating this as I got to use up papers and embellishments that I had previously been saving up for "something special"!






2 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Welcome back Bibi. You sure are back with a bang as this is gorgeous. I would love one of those well done. Thanks for recycling with me this week Love Cynthia x

Karen said...

Welcome back Bibi. I love your inspirations board a fabulous way to keep yourself inspired throughout the year.

Karen