Friday, January 29, 2010

Love me some Martha!

So my new Martha Stewart punches arrived on my doorstep 2 days ago. I don't think I can stand a straight edge again! Here's what I've been doing with Martha:
This first LO was created using the Jan colour challenge over at WickedPrincesses as inspiration. Really love the combo that Kayla has chosen - pastel blue, pastel pink and pastel green, so pretty! I've used BG paper as the background, with some scraps from my stash, Love Elsie cloud paper, German scrap, Prima and Petaloo flowers, Kaiser brads, BG and AC thickers alphas to embellish. Finished off with the punch in the corner, so cute! :)

Next, I decided to participate in ChristmasCardsAllYearRound this year, due to the mad rush that I experienced at the end of last year...decided I had better start getting my act together earlier this year! The first challenge at CCAYR this year was very simple - anything goes! So I decided to take one card and recyle that together with 1 piece of c/s and 1 piece of PP into 5 new cards! The last one had to be a mini card as I was running out of c/s and PP, but still, quite a cute little collection, don't you think? I went one step further with the "Christmas Magic" card, and cut slits into the background PP, so that the embellishment can actually be removed and used as a bookmark. Also, the words "Christmas Magic" and "Christmas" on the small card is actually the bottom bit of my PP recycled, as the name of the range is "Christmas Magic", I think by BG. The words "May the spirit of the season" is the inside sentiment of the original card recycled, and it is finished off inside by saying "carry you into the new year". I love how the punches add the little oomph to cards, giving them something fancier :)

Lastly, these 2 cards are for the Tuesday Trigger MoxieFabWorld. Again, started with one card from last Christmas. So far, have only used part of this card, mainly the words, so will be creating a few more cards out of this one recycled card, I think. Love the Martha snowflake punch, and love that you can use both the punched out shape AND the reverse of it :)

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for playing with us at CCAYR!

-_- said...

hey there
i represent the world united bloggers
and i found in your blog the joy of love and the hope of peace
we are more than 270 bloggers represent more than 80 countries
blogging for peace and love
and i chose you to join us ..
send us a mail with your name , country , blog url to
sharm@sharmlifeblog.com with title ( join WUB )
so that we can add you and send the invitation to you

sharm
chief of WUB
worldub.blogspot.com

(N.B: THIS IS NOT A SPAM COMMENT )

Patricia said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - please enter me in your drawing also. I hope you have a beautiful new week.

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Love your blog and all your wonderful layouts!

Wendy said...

Beautiful scrapbooking. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Wendy OWOH #996

apinkdreamer said...

hi!i'm eleni from greece!thank you for visiting my blog!
your blog is fantastic!