Sunday, January 17, 2010

Organising frenzy!

This is my latest furniture purchase. Isn't it wonderful? I found it at Bedshed in Myaree. It's supposed to be a shoe cabinet for a little girls' room, but I immediately thought, how perfect would that be for my scrapping space??? The drawers come out fully and very easily so I can take the whole drawer to my desk, work with it, then dump everything back in and place it back in the shelf - easy!
From left to right on the top shelf, I have Spellbinders folders, Cuttlebug folders, stamps and more stamps. 2nd row, there are chipboard pieces and diecuts, pearly beads and semi-precious stones, brads and eyelets, and miscellaneous beads sorted by colour. Bottom row, I have wooden and plastic beads, mini book findings and frames, jewellery findings with charms and bigger/special beads, and mini books. A couple of mini books too big for the shelf are sitting under it, and the white box next to the shelf holds a couple of items I'm hoping to alter at some stage.
Here is a close-up of a few shelves - the jars look soooo cute in a row!

And finally, this is the last layout I created for the cybercrop at MysticalScrapbooks. For this challenge, we had to scrap a silly photo and have the word "silly" somewhere. The photos were taken in Ottawa, Canada. Couple of friends doing silly poses with the statues. Wish you could see the expressions on their faces, so cute and funny! I'm normally not a very restrained scrapbooker in that I tend to add too much colour/embellishments. Very happy with how this turned out. I'd seen blue/yellow in various other blog sites lately and really liked it, so thought I'd try it. The PP is the new Basic Grey Nook and Pantry range - love those doilies in all different colours! I Glimmer Misted the paper lightly, and also Glimmer Misted the backing of a sheet of Sassafrass stickers, and the doily. I also recycled the backing of a stamp that I own - "very silly". Butterfly is Heidi Swapp. Butterly trail is Prima. Yellow sentiments sticker is Creative Imaginations. I'd actually written on the doily, realised I didn't like my writing, so covered it up with a cluster of blooms, lol...



5 comments:

Paula said...

Oh Wow...this is brilliant storage, well done on finding this! Have fun making the most of it. Look forward to seeing your creations.
cheers

Donna said...

Wow, it's fantastic!! what a find! Love your pages too!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

So love this storage cabinet. Great find. xx

Karen said...

Love the storage unit,what a good find. Great to see you scrapping again love your LO's.

Amie said...

OMG I am just loving this storage system I wonder where I could find them they would look awesome in the rumpus room when we build our house :o)
Amie xx